09 Dec China subjected Uyghur Muslims to genocide through forced sterilisations and abortions ‘that must have been authorised at highest levels’ tribunal finds
Posted at 16:08h in
- London-based panel submitted its findings after two evidence sessions this year
- Panel chair Sir Geoffrey Nice QC reported the tribunal’s findings on Thursday
- Report said hundreds of thousands, if not millions, were incarcerated unjustly
- It detailed torture, rape, persecution and other inhumane acts against Uyghurs
- Beijing dismissed the findings, calling the congress ‘paid for liars’ to smear China
Hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people in Xinjiang have been incarcerated without any justification, the tribunal’s chair Sir Geoffrey Nice QC said on Thursday.